Saturday, June 6, 2009

Introduction

I am just a fan of the game. I grew up mostly in Phoenix with limited exposure to professional baseball. After undergrad I moved to San Diego and started going to Padres, Dodgers, and Angels games. I started traveling to different ballparks.
Over the years of traveling to the different parks I have had the opportunity to visit some that have closed. Openings and closings are just a natural part of the ballpark lifecycle. With the exceptions of Fenway and Wrigley all cities have replaced their original parks. When I first started going to different stadia in the mid 1990’s there were still a handful of pre-WWII parks still in use: Wrigley and Fenway (obviously), Tiger Stadium (Detroit), County Stadium (Milwaukee), Cleveland Municipal Stadium, and Yankee Stadium (sort of). The problem with counting Yankee is the significant renovations that occurred in the early 1970’s. For no particular reason I thought I would start posting some thoughts and memories about my various experiences. I'm going to start with the closed stadiums.

No comments:

Post a Comment